Effective date: 1 January 2021
Victoria Kain Fitness (“we” “us” “our”) is the trading name of Victoria Kain Limited registered in England and Wales (registered number 11568617). We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Data Protection Act”), the data controller is Victoria Kain Ltd whose registered office is at 1 Markwell Place, Bishops Stortford, Herts, CM23 2FQ, United Kingdom.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you enter details on our site (for example, via our “apply now” function), requesting our services or newsletters or if you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information (if applicable), browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- where applicable, to send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- to send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- to send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- to send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications by sending an email via contact us, or to deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our site.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site and your browsing experience by ensuring that the content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to enable your use of the services available on our site;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; and
- to provide third parties with statistical information about our users. This information will not be used to identify any individual user.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
- We do not sell client data for marketing purposes, but may share it with other professional organisations with which we arrange marketing or other promotional events.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Victoria Kain Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, then personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- You further acknowledge that any emails sent to a Victoria Kain Limited owned email address may be subject to monitoring, either by us, or by a third party service provider engaged by us to provide email services.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at www.victoriakainfitness.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. Please contact us at www.victoriakainfitness.com should you wish to request access to such information or if you have any queries or concerns about our use of any personal data relating to you.